Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hello World!

Welcome to the second iteration of my blog.  Hectic Life...Pieceful Life is about me and my adventures from life with a toddler, to my cat, food, tea, quilting, and other random bits.


A little more about me:

I spent most of my childhood in Oregon and most of the rest of my life in the Pacific Northwest.  After living around the US and spending time traveling abroad, I feel the most at home in the Pacific Northwest and love it dearly.

I graduated from the University of Washington with my BA in Anthropology with an emphasis in Archaeology and Classics.  I then went on to study at Columbia University where I graduated with an MA in Museum Studies with an emphasis in archaeology. 

My "first" career was as an archaeologist/museum technician.  I've been lucky enough to have done archaeological field work in the Pacific, Pacific-Northwest, Northeast, Southeast, and Southwestern United States and have done archaeology-related work in a small handful of museums. My career goals are to work with archaeological collections in a museum setting to preserve and enhance the scientific data and to further educate the public about our past.

My "second" career started in January 2009 with the birth of my son, Dominic.  I'm currently a stay-at-home Mom to him and our "older child" Romeo (a five year old, grey and white bicolor cat).  I love it and I'm having a blast teaching him about the world and playing everyday.

I adore the color green and love tea.  I am a total fabric lover and quilt when I can.  I used to go hiking but then I started grad school and then had a baby but I'm hoping to get back into it this summer (2010).

I hope you enjoy my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment