Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Homemade Playdough!

A few days ago Dominic and I made playdough and it was a big hit with him.  It was super simple to mix up and very easy for him to help me with it.  I just googled homemade playdough and came up with a ton of websites with recipes and ideas.  I used this super easy recipe: mix together 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup water.  Dominic helped me stir it all together before playing with it.  I left ours plain white but you could easily use food coloring (or natural food dye like beet juice or carrot juice, etc) to color it.  I did need to use a tad more water to get it to the right consistency.

I did taste it (out of curiosity) and it was pretty disgusting so I'm really sure Dominic won't be interested in eating it and all that salt will help inhibit the growth of anything yucky so we can keep for a while.  It is currently stored in an empty frosting container in the fridge (which oddly enough looks like a larger version of the real playdough containers).

Anyone else have any fun/easy craft ideas that are good for a young toddler?

No comments:

Post a Comment