Here is a list of all my current Quilts in Progress (note, this is not all of my works in progress, just the quilts!):
This is based off of a pattern in Down Under Quilts (issue # 137- I think). It is made entirely of scrap fabric. I have the main section done and now I have to find the right fabric for the borders and the back. I plan on doing wavy quilting on it once the top is finished.
One Block Wonder
From the class I took with Megan back in February. I have all my half hexagons done and labeled in the order that I need to sew them in. So, I need to sew them all together and then decide if I want to leave it at that or if it will need border fabric of some sort.
Started this in October 2009 and will finish it in April 2010 for my PotM. All it needs in the binding finished (it's half done).
Peter Rabbit panel
All it needs is the binding finished (half done).
Started this quilt in April 2010 with my first Jelly Roll (Gobble, Gobble by Moda). I am using the pattern Garden Trellis from Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott. The blocks for the top are all pieced and ready to sew together.
Started this in June 2009; the pattern is four hexagons, from the same fabric, sewn together to form a diamond shape and every diamond is a different fabric. It's all hand pieced and done in scrap fabric. Not really sure how big I'm going to make it so I don't really know how close to done it is. I think I will but a black border around it to really make the colors pop.
Grandmother's Flower Garden
I have the fabric for the flowers and some of the fabric for the back. I need to find the right neutral fabric for the front to go around the flowers and order a larger hexagon template.
My first applique project started in March 2010. I have the pieces for two blocks cut out and one is started. Based on patterns from the book: Butterflies and Blooms: Designs for Applique and Quilting by Carol Armstrong.
Eye Spy (x3)
A very recent project. I will be making three eye-spy quilts (two matching ones for my nephews and one for Dominic). Found a cute template for hexagon stars at the local quilt shop and was inspired by several women in my local guild who are making the same patter but it a smaller size. I am still collecting fabrics for all three quilts - I need 20-30 more.
Random project I started in April 2010 with scrap fabric I had laying around. I have three 6 inch star blocks finished and plan to make many, many more since I have tons of scraps and the blocks are fun to make.
Dominic's First Year
I saved special shirts and onsies from Dominic's first year to make him a memory quilt. All the fabric is jersey so I have to find some sort of stabilizer to use and plan out a pattern that will incorporate them all. For the back, I plan on using the Peter Rabbit fabric that was the curtains in his room since his nursery theme was Peter Rabbit. I want to have it finished by his second birthday.
I started collecting fabric for this quilt years ago and I am now up to 7+ yards (in fat quarters and quarter yard cuts). I want to do stars some how but I'm not fully sure how. So, I'm kind of still collecting fabric (but I don't really need any more) and I need to sketch out the ideas I have to see what will work the best with the fabrics that I have.
Dominic's Big Boy Bed Quilt
I have a pattern in my head of squares and rectangles randomly placed together and it'll but done in a full bed size (since that is the size of our guest bed which is going to become Dominic's first big boy bed). I'm not sure if I should do it in brown and green, green and blue, or blue, green, and yellow. I'm leaning towards brown and green and doing his room in a forest theme but I'm also really liking doing in in a astronomy theme which would work well with the blue, green, yellow idea. I am pretty sure that I will be having this quilted by a long arm.