Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rainbow

I finished my April Project of the Month on the very last day of April.  It's always a good feeling when you finish a quilt you've been working on for a while.  Overall, I'm happy with the quilt.  It's a fun design and I will probably make more of this scrap block in the future.  I did a loopy e/o style of quilting.  I really like the pattern but I still need more practice with it since it's not as even and smooth as I would like but it is much better than the first quilt that I did free motion quilting on.  I put some random stripes of scraps on the back which seemed so weird for me since I've never had a decorative back on a quilt before.  The rainy/grey weather over the past few days has made photographing the quilt difficult so I'll leave you with pictures of my two boys "helping" me get it ready for basting.

 Dominic and the front.

Romeo and the back.

1 comment:

  1. love the pics! kitty looks as happy and comfy as Dominic. LOL
    a friend in MA

    ReplyDelete