Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wonky Stars

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's out there!

It seems like everywhere I look lately I'm seeing wonky quilts - log cabins, houses, people, and more!  Well, I decided to give it a try with some wonky stars.

 

I have no idea how many I will make or what I will end up doing with them but they are super fun.  And, they are a great way to use up those little bits of fabric left over from other projects.  I have a huge box of these I just can't bear to throw out even though they are so small.  I used to wonder what I was going to do with so many bits and pieces of fabric.  Well, now I have a great purpose for them!  The only draw back is that this block involves lots of trimming...




In other news, I've decided that I'm going to put away my hexagon quilt for a while.  I've run out of scraps large enough to cut up for it and I've gone through the scrap bins of many others collecting for it.  I'm definitely not done with it - I just need to finish a few other quilt projects so I have more scraps to cut up for hexagons!  In the mean time, I found some beautiful alpaca lace yarn a few days ago that I'm going to crochet into a lacy summer shawl. =)  And, I've decided that my May project of the Month is to finalize the design for Dominic's Big Boy Bed quilt so I can start hunting down fabric for it.

1 comment:

  1. nice stars! and the rainbow quilt and Dominick are cute too.
    a quilter in MA

    ReplyDelete