Friday, June 25, 2010

Wow...10 years already


We made it to and back from Oregon last weekend in one piece. It was a hectic/short trip for my 10 year high school reunion and to visit with family and friends in southern Oregon. Seeing family is always interesting and stressful. Families are like that for everyone I think.

The reunion was weird. There were a handful of people that I spoke to more in the few hours of the reunion than I did in all of high school. I expect more people to have grown up in the last 10 years and be able to at least smile and say "hello, how are you" and not walk away giggling and making comments about what people look like (this was the weird part - a lot of people seemed like they were still in the high school mode except that now they could legally have alcohol). I'm glad I went because I was able to connect with a lot of people that I had lost touch with over the past 10 years and it was nice to catch up.

I spent a few hours with James at his shop where he showed me some of his latest creations. This almost finished quilt top was one of them:


How amazing is that!  I love the way the flower blocks blend together to form the forest floor and the appliqued borders are amazing (and way better than any of the applique that I've attempted). 

Hopefully, my next trip down won't be as full of stuff so we can rest a bit more (I'm hoping some time in August works).


No comments:

Post a Comment