Monday, October 11, 2010

Quilt Guild

This past Saturday the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild had their October sewing meeting.  It was fun and inspirational as always.  It's so nice to be able to get together and quilt with people in real life.  I had one real life quilting friend until I met Jessica in New York.  Most of my instructions, inspiration, and advice came from the internet and library books until I joined this group.  Being able to see in person how something is done or how other people work is very helpful and leads me to ideas of my own that I'm not sure I would have made it to otherwise.  And, these women are doing some really amazing quilts.




I accomplished a lot too!  I finished the top to my fall quilt and was able to finish piecing my tree wall hanging and start the quilting on it.  Will was a great husband and took Dominic all day (from 10am to 4pm) and left me with the group to sew and chat all day.  It was wonderful.  =)

1 comment:

  1. isn't it great when the husbands cooperate and we can have it all?

    ReplyDelete