Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Stars

Things have been a bit miserable around here over the past two weeks and so little has been done in the sewing world for me.  We have been pretty sick with a head cold and have pretty much spent the last two weeks laying around and not doing very much at all other than watching lots of Christmas movies and about 500 episodes of Blue's Clues (Dominic is in love with it!).  It's hard enough to have a sick toddler on your hands but adding a sick husband and being sick yourself and everything falls apart.  We are all on the mend now and are just experiencing the normal residual runny nose that always seems to follow a head cold and I'm just starting to catch up on housework and laundry.  =)  Christmas was very relaxing with just the three of us at home with the cats which helped a lot in our recuperation.  :-)

My epp stars has grown a bit but not by much.  Here is what I was able to accomplish on our trip to Florida at the beginning of the month.



I have a huge pile of finished stars to add to it that I'll be starting on this afternoon.  =)  I'm having some issues with the bulk at the center of the stars - do any of you out there trim them up?  Or is it better to leave it be and smooth it out with an iron after I take out the templates?  It seems like this might be an issue once I do the actual quilting on the finished top.

1 comment:

  1. Your stars are beautiful! I just started my first EPP quilt, so I can't help you out with the middle but I did press my finished stars and it does seem to help. I enjoy reading your blog and can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete