Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter Solstice

Tomorrow, December 21st, is the Winter Solstice.  Normally, I'd post a happy Solstice message on the day of but I'm doing it a day early this year since we are in for a special treat - a total eclipse that is fully visible from all of the USA.  I'm very excited - it's been a while since I've been in the right location for a full eclipse (sometime in middle or elementary school).  It starts here on the Pacific coast around 10:30pm and continues to 2am (Monday evening to Tuesday morning) with the fullest eclipse view at 12:17am.  I'll be up celebrating our Solstice by watching this special event - for those of you across the USA you can visit this site to see what time it will be visible in your time zone.  That same site, Shadow and Substance, also has a great animation of the event so you know what to expect if you've never seen an eclipse before.

No comments:

Post a Comment