Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2011

Ah January - a time of new beginnings, reflections about the previous year, and resolutions (and here it is almost over already).  Last year was pretty stressful all around - two big moves, selling a house, buying another house, and some yucky family issues.  But, it also included some good things: Ophelia's adoption, buying a new house, two weddings, my 10 year high school reunion, and most of Sweet Pea's pregnancy.  As far as the the quilt world is concerned I only finished three quilts but I started at least a dozen others (which is one thing to change in 2011 - I'd really like those numbers to switch places!).

For 2011 I'm doing it a little different - I'm trying to keep my resolutions more about enjoying life more and less about doing certain things.  So here they are in no certain order:

Relax.
Learn something new.
Read lots.
Sew more.
Don't stress about family.

With the upcoming birth of my second baby I know that this year will be full of stress adjusting to the new family member and that it will be best for all involved that I focus on keeping myself healthy and enjoying life with my kids to the fullest.  It's taken me a long time to figure it out but I have to let go of the other family stress issues - those people made their choices and I'm not responsible for them and can't change them or "fix it" for them no matter how hard I try. 

Enjoy 2011 to the fullest everyone! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment