Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First quilt of 2011!

I finished my first quilt of 2011 last Friday!  It was exciting to finally get it done since I started the quilt back in March 2010.  It was one of those frustrating UFOs I had sitting around forever because I ran out of matching pink thread to finish off the binding.  Once I finally got around to getting more thread it took less than 30 minutes to finish! 



It's a one-block wonder pattern based on this book.  I took a class on the technique with my friend Megan and her mother and had a lot of fun - in fact, on Saturday morning I started my second one block wonder quilt.  This one will also take about a year to finish but that's because I expect to have my hands full soon with Sweet Pea's arrival this month (hopefully!).

No comments:

Post a Comment