Friday, August 19, 2011

Inspiration

My Grandmother was one of the most creative and artistic people I know.  I used to spend hours with her painting, baking, playing with clay, gardening, etc.  It was always fun and inspirational.  She never quilted but always loved looking at quilts.  I learned to quilt so I could make one for her.  These are my two favorite paintings she did (both of them hang in my living room):





The first one is a water color she did in a class that we took together and the second one is her first attempt at "modern" art.  She did the second one as a birthday present for me.  I love it!  I always feel inspired when I look at her paintings.  I think it's because they always make me think of all the time we spent together being creative and that she wasn't afraid to try anything at least once.  What inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment