Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fall adventures...

It's raining outside and has been for several days.  I think this means that winter has arrived in Seattle.  It's too bad because Fall weather here is the BEST and it's my favorite time of the year.  Our fall so far has been full of lots of adventures and very little sewing.  I recently tried some interesting cookies for my book club; I found them rather disgusting but a bunch of other people liked them.  The are a Persian chickpea cookie (basically shortbread made with chickpea flour instead of wheat flour): 


Halloween came and went and we had an action filled weekend of events.  Malcolm went as a Sweet Pea and Dominic went as Link (the hero from the Legend of Zelda video games).  The best part of the weekend was when a 10-12 year old boy came up to us at Will's work Halloween party and was all excited and said, "How cute!  He's Link.  I love it when little kids are dressed up and cute."


I did attend a few meetings of the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild and did a lot of work on my Habitat challenge quilt.  I'm not done with it yet but it's almost finished.  I have the top completed but have yet to quilt it.  Hopefully, soon I will have time to quilt and bind it.  Here is a sneak peak of my blocks partially completed:


We also went down to Oregon for a few days to visit family and had a great time.  The best part of the trip was our visit to the Oregon Coast Aquarium.  While viewing the jelly fish Dominic asked me, "Where's the peanut butter one?"  


No comments:

Post a Comment