Monday, January 30, 2012

Borders


My first paper pieced quilt has been sitting around for quite a while just waiting for borders. I've gone looking for fabric several times and never found anything that was perfect for it. Then it dawned on me that nothing really will be perfect because there was no theme for the quilt - just little bits of everything. With that in mind I went shopping again this past weekend and found a nice border for it. To me the quilt was reading blue and green so I went looking for something that was a small scale print with a blue or green background that had lots of other colors in the print. Hopefully soon I can get it washed and cut so I can start the process of appliqueing it on. It would be nice to have it finished soon since I started it back in 2009.

Any suggestions on how to quilt it?

No comments:

Post a Comment