Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trying new things

The Seattle Modern Quilt Guild is taking submissions for an upcoming show this summer.  I do have a few completed quilts in the house but none that would really fit with the theme of the show (modern, minimalist, neutral).  Most of the quilts in the house are very bright and busy.  Over the years I've made many sketches of quilt ideas that would fit easily with the show so I decided to try one of them out.



I really don't think it's working.  I like the red star - it looks like a star.  But, the others seem to be too wonky and not star like enough to be recognizable as stars (the blue one looks more like a sailboat than a star!).  It is supposed to be a wonky version of this pattern (anyone know the name of it?):


I'm not sure if I should keep trying to make more or just move on to something else since I do have other ideas I'd like to try out.

1 comment:

  1. make more. play with the angle of your star points, and just have fun with color. it may work out the way you want after all. (Love the new header, btw)

    ReplyDelete