Friday, May 25, 2012

Eclipse

Last weekend we headed to southern Oregon to see an annular eclipse.  They are fairly rare and this was almost a once in a life time chance to see one (the next one in our part of the world will be in 50 years or so).  It was pretty amazing and spectacular - the only problem was that you really need specialty equipment to photograph it. 


I did get the above picture with my camera phone - somehow it was giving a weird reflection of the eclipse (not really sure how it came out but I really like it!).  While in the area we also hit up the local children's science museum and I found this exhibit:
 

How cool is that!  Both boys got right to it and played with the design wall for a while before moving on to other exhibits.


There was also a sign on the side that had several puzzles to figure out by putting together the quilting squares in the right order.  Tonight I'm off to the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild sew-in to work on quilting my wonky pinwheel quilt.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat exhibit! Quilting is all about geometry.

    -PA

    ReplyDelete