Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Seattle Modern Quilt Guild show

The Seattle Modern Quilt Guild held the opening of its first show last Friday night at the Island Quilter.  The opening was wonderful - lots of people came and I had a lovely evening chatting with the Guild ladies and fabric shopping.  The Island Quilter is a fantastic shop with an amazing selection and this huge gallery space that is just perfect for displaying quilts. 



This was the first time I've ever had a quilt in a show!  I finished my Wonky Pinwheel quilt just in time to submit it.





What I loved about the show was the tremendous variety of quilts.  Everyone was modern but modern in a different way and each really shows the personality of the quilter. 



There was some amazing hand quilting,



beautiful simplicity,



to scrappy love,



and all the baby quilts hung in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment