Thursday, January 10, 2013

Baby boy log cabin quilt

Wow, 2013 is here and has been super crazy already.  Our house was hit with illness that is still going - 4 head colds, 2 ear infections, 3 sinus infections, 1 allergic reaction, and 1 mystery virus rash and swelling incident.  Maybe we are getting all our illness for the year over in one go???

My last post showed the start of a quilt that eventually became this bright and cheery log cabin.  From the fabrics I had originally pulled I added a yard of Dr. Seuss and left out the green and purple prints.


I gifted it to a friend of mine for her baby boy that is due in February.  I am really proud of this quilt because it is 100% made from my stash - the first time I've ever done a stash quilt.  It's very liberating to make some thing from what I have on hand.  Usually I end up going to the fabric  store because I need a "different blue" or I don't have the right fabric for the binding, etc.  I really enjoyed the process of working with what I have on hand and have already started another 100% from stash quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Yay stash quilts! Hope everyone is feeling better soon~

    ReplyDelete