Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Busy start to the year

Life has been crazy busy lately - isn't it always?  I have been quilting here and there in it all and that always makes things better.  I finally finished my Madrona Road challenge quilt (the third finish of the year) - it ended up as a sweet little baby quilt.  I love the combo of the blue and yellow together - I am now planning more of that color combo for the future.




I choose to go with a simple half square triangle and then ended up with this dark/light value design totally by accident.  After I had laid it out on the floor I walked away and came back after a few minutes and only had to rotate two squares and switch out one square to end up with the design.  It's not what I intended but I really liked the happy accident that made it happen.  And of course, it was really hard for the boys to resist trying to help!



The boys also joined me for the last sew-in of the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild.  It was a Friday afternoon and I thought I'd just stop by to say hello and see what people were working on but the boys were so calm and happy that I stayed for an hour and a half to work on my paper pieced stars (that's why having a travel project with you in the car is always a good idea!).  It also didn't hurt that our guild VP, Chandra, let the boys go through her scraps and play on the design wall - future quilters???

No comments:

Post a Comment