Saturday, July 27, 2013

Taste of summer

What does Summer taste like to you?  I've always felt it tasted like fresh berries. So far this summer we've picked strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries!

 

My helpers always end up eating so much in the fields that I worry about them getting sick!  But, that's most of the fun of picking fresh berries in my opinion.

 

We made up a batch of strawberry jam, a batch of strawberry-raspberry jam, and two batches if spiced blueberry jam.


I also made my first cherry pie with some amazingly flavorful farmers market cherries.  And, my helpers insisted it had to be an outer space pie if it was going "taste any good at all."

1 comment:

  1. Love the rocket ship pie! I always thought summer tasted like watermelon and popsicles.

    -PA

    ReplyDelete