Thursday, August 15, 2013

Meetup Tote Bag


The Pacific Northwest Modern Quilt Guild meetup is happening this weekend in Portland. I'm very excited to go - last year was a blast. This year we are swapping tote bags.  It was a challenge to plan my bag because I wanted it to be something that another "modern" quilter would like to use.


Here is my lining and the interior pocket which features the cute logo tags for our guild.  I've had this Amy Butler print for ages and finally decided to cut into it.  The outside was fun to create.  I made a panel of tiny (1.75 inch) half square triangle chevrons for both sides of the bag and then echo quilted more chevrons.  Robert Kaufman donated all the main fabrics (the denim) used in the swap and I really like how it feels and looks - very nice for a tote bag.  I will be purchasing more to make library totes for the boys soon.
 

          

 

1 comment: