Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Clothworks Charity quilts

Labor Day weekend came upon me very quickly this year.  I feel like the summer just flew by and I barely saw it.  I think having three boys is going to make things just fly by from now on!  I was able to spend a day sewing with some other ladies from the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild.  We worked on our Clothworks solids charity blocks.  We had enough contributions so that we are able to make two twin size quilts! 


Above is quilt number one.  We decided to use up the left over scraps and make the background multi-colored on this quilt.  Each colored section was designed so that we could easily sew the blocks together into sections with nice straight/even seams.  Figuring out how to put them all together was a huge challenge - all the blocks were different sizes and, while we had a limited color pallet, everyone used the colors in different ways.  I think we were able to balance out the colors and sizes.


I put together the white block above.  For our second quilt (below) we are going to go with an all white background.  We will be having another charity sew-in day at the end of September which will hopefully see the finish of both quilt tops.


No comments:

Post a Comment