Monday, March 10, 2014

New epp travel project

I started a new paper piecing project recently and I'm loving it. I am making 3/4 inch hexagon flowers in blues and greens.  I have so many small scraps that I needed a tiny paper piecing project and this fits the bill perfectly!  And, there is something comforting about using up such small scraps.


I am still making progress on my penrose tile quilt but the pattern is not one that makes it easy to travel with - the aperiodic tiling means I have to put each piece in its specific place.  I finally reached the point where I had to lay it out and plan where each diamond was going to make sure it would turn out correctly. The hexagon grandmothers flower pattern on the other hand is perfect for traveling because all I need to plan is each individual flower.  So far, I've competed seven flowers but I'm not sure how many I have to go until it's finished. I'm still trying to decide if I want it as a pillow for the couch or as a spring table runner. 


6 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabrics! I especially like your blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3/4" hexies will make such an interesting project when you're done- you can use so many different fabrics together in such a small space. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabrics and great progress! I love using up scraps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little flowers! I've never tried such little shapes, but I may have to soon. :o) Your little ones are really sweet!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fabrics and hexies!!

    ReplyDelete