Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pincushions

Can a sewer have too many pincushions?  I don't think so.  I use three on a regular basis - one by my machine, one on the ironing board, and one by my cutting mat.  So, the Seattle MQG challenge swap for April was perfect.  


I made two pincushions for the swap but I decided that I could not part with the first one I made.  The green herringbone pincushion was inspired by our guilds favorite color: green!  I also just happen to love green and have a huge selection of green scraps.  My second pincushion was also made from scraps.  The squares of the tiny pluses finish at 3/4". It was a challenging project since the pieces were so small but I really like the look of tiny patchwork. 


And, I received an adorable turtle pincushion in the swap which was made by Grace.  I have really enjoyed having such a cute pincushion sitting by my machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment