Monday, August 25, 2014

Flower Garden Pillow

I spent a lovely six hours sewing this past weekend with a group from the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild.  I adore our guild sew-in's and try to go every month.  I always accomplish lots of sewing and enjoy great company.  My wonderful husband takes the three boys out all day so I can attend and have a fun/rest day.  


I finished up my Grandmothers flower garden pillow.  It's all hand pieced 3/4 inch hexagons with simple loopy free motion quilting. I'm very pleased with it and have already sketched out a few more pillow ideas in my notebook. 


I also started working on my mini quilted item for the guilds secret swap.  I'm not sure about it; I found an Instagram picture of my swap partners to use as inspiration but it doesn't feel right.  I can't say too much now since I don't want to ruin the surprise.  I might go another route and save this for something else.




3 comments:

  1. Your pillow is beautiful! What will you be making with the swap piece?

    -PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously I don't know your swap partner, but I really likebthis piece, it looks perfectbfor me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pillow! Great colors, lovely fabrics, nice idea... I should make one of these this winter.

    ReplyDelete