Saturday, August 9, 2014

SMQG Charity blocks


I've been enjoying small bits of sewing time lately working on some fun blocks for the next Seattle Modern Quilt guild charity quilt.  The next project is going to be done in the cream, gray, citron, and aqua blue.  This was perfect for me since I already have a lot of fabrics in the right colors in my stash.  My first set (above) all finished at 6.5 inches square and the second set finished at 12.5 inches square (below).

I chose to stick with the standard guild designated blocks of the month for my contribution.  And, I discovered that I really like making scrappy string blocks; they are a fun way to use up small bits of favorite fabric and still make interesting and beautiful quilt blocks.

I also acquired yardage of this stack of Kona solids to make a quilt for Malcolm (I let him pick the colors).  I have a few ideas I'll be testing out and I hope to have a quilt for him by Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I especially love that upper left one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun!
    -PA

    ReplyDelete