Saturday, December 27, 2014

Baby quilts

I enjoy making baby quilts. The small size means they are fast finishes and everyone is always so happy to welcome a new baby. 


A very dear friend of mine (I've known her since middle school) is expecting her first child any day now. I thought a half square triangle quilt would be perfect for her baby boy. This was the fastest quilt to make. It took me about some six hours start to finish. I love the way it turned out and can't wait to meet her new little boy.


I also recently completed a quilt for my niece. I started this before she was born and loved making the scrappy log cabin blocks. It was really a lot of fun to dig through my scraps and fussy cut pieces for it. I had a hard time giving it up because it has fabric from almost every quilt I've made in it. 


I think she likes it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment