Friday, February 6, 2015

Medallion quilt

I started a new english paper piecing project at the end of December since we took a road trip to visit family.


I enjoy having a travel project and intended this one to be a large pillow. As it slowly grew I started contemplating turning it into a quilt. 

Then I learned that the Seattle Modern Quilt Guilt 2015 block of the month project was going to be a medallion quilt. Now, I think this might become my center for a medallion quilt. I would stick with a green, purple, grey, and low volume neutral color scheme.


What type of layers/rings would complement the center? I do not want it to be totally english paper pieced but would probably include at least one layer/ring that has a paper pieced hexagon element.  I also want a ring of flying geese where the geese would be the low volume fabrics. Any other ideas you can suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment