Tuesday, August 25, 2015

One Hour Basket

A few months ago I came across a cute quilted basket on Instagram.  Of course, I clicked through the hashtags and discovered the One Hour Basket.  It is a super easy and quick project and I have now made four of them.


I made the first one, above, with my favorite Kaffe fabric on the inside and free motion quilting on the exterior pieces.  This is the perfect size for me to use in my car to keep all the random stuff (sunglasses, extra napkins, first aid kit, sunscreen, etc) I have contained.


It worked out so well for me as a car container that I made up three more for my boys to each have a basket for all the random treasures, toys, and books they like to keep by their seats.



And then, I liked the pattern so much, that I suggested that the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild make them as a fun swap item.  I made the last one with some fun wonky triangles and straight line quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment